This guide will help you use social media to increase your customer base. We’ll cover some of the best ways to use popular platforms like Facebook and Instagram, as well as less-known sites such as Reddit and Pinterest. We’ll talk about how to set up an account and create a profile, then offer tips for posting regular content that will get more eyes on your salon. From there we’ll move into more advanced topics such as boosting posts with paid ads or partnering with influencers in your community. You’ll learn how using these strategies can help increase your brand recognition and generate new leads––all while saving time!
Spend time on your profiles.
- Make sure your profiles are up to date.
- Update regularly and consistently, especially during special events or promotions.
- Use hashtags that are relevant to your business and industry but don’t overdo it (see below for more on this).
- Make sure your profile is branded. This helps you stand out from the crowd and gives people an idea of what to expect from interacting with you on social media!
- Use a call-to-action on each profile: for example, “click here” or “visit our salon today” so that followers can easily find out more about what you have to offer them when they follow through with their clicks — which leads me onto my next point…
Use social media to share behind-the-scenes stories.
Social media is a powerful tool to help you get more customers for your salon. By using it, you can share photos and videos of your work and showcase your team’s personalities. You can even use social media to share fun things that happen at work, like a staff field trip or a singing or dancing contest.
This will help show customers what it’s like to work at your salon—and why they should join you!
Run contests and giveaways.
Giveaways are a great way to get more customers.
They can also help you increase followers on your social media channels because people will be more inclined to like, share, and comment when they know that there’s something in it for them (in this case, the opportunity to win).
If you’re running a giveaway contest or sweepstakes but aren’t sure what kind of prize package would work best with your salon and aesthetician brand, consider offering a gift card as one of the prizes. This is an easy way to offer something that everyone can use while still giving them all they need to know about your salon—and it might even lead some of the people who enter into coming in for an appointment!
Share reviews and testimonials.
One of the best ways to get more customers is by sharing reviews and testimonials from existing customers. This can be done through social media, as well as other online platforms like your website, Yelp and Google.
- Ask your customers to write reviews: If you don’t have a lot of reviews yet, ask your clients if they would be willing to write one for you. You can send them an email asking them how their experience was with you or simply ask them over the phone when they come in next time.
- Ask your customers to post photos of their experience: Some people might not feel comfortable writing out a review on a site like Yelp but may be more open about taking photos instead! So if someone has shared some great images with you before or after their appointment or event at the salon, ask them if it would be alright for those photos to go live wherever on social media as long as there’s proper credit given where due (i.e., “Photo courtesy of @SalonName).
Boost your posts with paid advertising.
If you’re looking to boost your reach and attract customers, paid advertising is a good option. You can use paid ads to target specific audiences and locations. For example, if you want to find new customers around town or in the neighborhood of your salon, try targeting users who are within 20 miles of your store. This may be a better option than targeting people based on their interests or likes because it provides more options for reaching potential clients who are geographically close.
Connect with influencers in the community.
One of the best ways to get your salon in front of more people is by connecting with influential people in your community.
If you have a salon and are looking for ways to expand your business, influencers may be the answer. Influencers are people who have a large following and can influence others to buy products or services.
How do you find influencers? It depends on what niche your salon falls under:
- Beauty salons – Try searching for beauty bloggers who talk about hairstyles, makeup tutorials, or skincare routines. Look for these bloggers on YouTube and Instagram, then reach out to them (more on this later).
- Hair salons – Look for local hair stylists who offer services similar to yours; for example, if most of their clients want extensions like those at your salon, these would make good candidates! Also check out social media sites like Pinterest and Google+ where users share photos from their favorite local businesses every day. If someone posts about getting her hair done by one of these stylists then they’re definitely worth contacting because she’ll likely post again when she’s ready for another appointment!
- Take advantage of a powerful and free salon booking software.
Create partnerships to increase exposure.
- Collaborate with other salons and spas.
If you’re a salon owner, it’s important to build relationships with other businesses in your local community. You might be able to come up with some creative ways to partner up! For example, you could work together on creating a mutually beneficial referral program that encourages customers from both businesses (your existing clientele and the new ones) to refer their friends for services at either location. This would give them each exposure, as well as strengthen your relationship and generate more business opportunities for yourself.
Another great idea is creating joint promotions or discounts for clients who book appointments at both locations (or just across all of the salons involved). This will help boost sales while also increasing brand awareness among potential customers who may not have been aware of any specific salon before now.
Develop a referral program.
A referral program is a great way to get customers for your salon.
Referral programs can be free or paid and either in-store or online. You can choose to have the user share the deal by email, text message or on social media. You could also offer an incentive such as a discount on their next purchase if they refer someone who makes a purchase from your salon before the end of the month. For example, you could give them $10 off their next service when someone uses their friend’s code at checkout after purchasing something at full price for themselves.
A subscription service is another way to encourage repeat purchases through referrals and word of mouth marketing because it encourages customers to come back every month instead of once every couple of months like most spas do with other promotions like Groupon deals where they offer $50 off any service over $100 so people will sign up for multiple services at once rather than purchasing just one because they’d feel guilty paying full price if they only wanted one thing done during each visit so they’d rather just sign up for all five available offers at once since there’s no way around that limitation unless they’re willing “to pay more money than what was originally quoted,” which most clients aren’t willing
Use seasonal hashtags when appropriate.
Don’t forget to use hashtags when appropriate. The best way to use them is by using them in context of your own posts, but there are also seasonal hashtags that you can use that will help increase exposure and engagement on your post. For instance, if it’s winter or summertime and there is a specific hashtag about the weather or season (like #snowday or #summervibes), then make sure you use this hashtag so people participating in these conversations will see your post as well. If a holiday comes up like Valentine’s Day or Easter, then create posts around those subjects with relevant hashtags such as:
Take advantage of social media marketing to get more customers for your salon
Social media marketing is a great way to get more customers for your salon. Social media can help you grow your customer base by getting in front of new potential customers and bringing them into the fold.
To use social media marketing effectively, create an account on every platform you think would be relevant to your business. Then, start posting content that is specific to each platform—for example, Instagram stories are great for sharing behind-the-scenes stories while Facebook Live videos allow you to interact with viewers in real time. You can also run contests or giveaways on social media platforms like Snapchat or Instagram; this will encourage people who see the post (and are interested) to follow along with the rest of the contest details online or through other channels like email marketing campaigns or newsletters sent out via email blasts.
Another great way to use social media as part of your marketing strategy is by using reviews and testimonials from previous customers/clients/patients as well as employee bios posted on various digital platforms related specifically towards businesses such as LinkedIn!
We hope these tips will help your salon get more customers. To get started, it’s important to set up profiles for your business on all of the major social platforms so that people have an easy way to connect with you. Once that’s done, start by sharing content and engaging with others. You can also try running some contests or giveaways as well as boosting posts with paid advertising if necessary!